Will We Or Will We Not?

Get paid, that is. 

A government shutdown is looming over our heads at the moment.  While we are definitely leaving the military, we still get paid until May 31.  I have to say, those paychecks are very much needed.  We do have savings and we won't be broke, but not getting paid could make things hard. 

Yes, not paying the military is crappy.  We shouldn't forget the government workers that most likely won't be paid at all if the government shuts down.  Military people will get back pay.  Government workers that don't come to work, won't.  Those people depend on paychecks too.

*sigh*

Congress has until midnight tonight to get their act together.  Right now the only sticking point is abortion. I cannot believe that women's rights are what is holding up our government.  It kind of makes me sick.  The government does not get to tell me what I can or cannot do with my body.  These men want to take a woman's right to choose away.  Yet, once these babies are born, there will be no programs to help these women and children out.  Yep, that makes complete sense. 

I will get off my soapbox for now.  It is too early in the morning to get the old blood pressure up...haha!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Life As We Know It. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.