Who are we?

For starters, my name is Jessica.  My husband is Coop, or JR if you knew him back in the day.  He likes to go by Coop, but I still call him JR from time to time.  We have 2 kids that keep us on our toes.  The boy is 7 and the girl is 3.  Right now we live in Anchorage, AK.  Coop is in the Air Force for 1.5 more months.  Then we are off to a whole new life.  Actually, we have 3 weeks left here in AK before heading down south to TN.

If someone had told me at the beginning of January that we would be leaving the military and moving back to TN, I would have called them crazy.  At the beginning of January, we had a year and a half left here.  Then we had no idea where we were going.  We wanted to go to Illinois or Ohio.  Closer to family, but not close enough.

At the end of January, due to certain events, Coop and I revisited whether or not we wanted to stay in the military.  The ultimate conclusion is what got us to where we are now.  I am completely thrilled about being near family again.  I am also scared to death about transitioning from a comfortable, somewhat predictable lifestyle, to a world that we know nothing about.

As of right now, Coop doesn't have a job.  He is officially off military duty at the end of May, so we have a little while before we get worried, but when everyone is telling us we are crazy for leaving because of how the economy is so bad, it does place doubt in my head.  Are we doing the right thing?  Are we going to have to sacrifice a comfortable life just to be near family?  There are so many unanswered questions right now.

So, that is us in a nutshell.  I will be chronicling our journey here, hopefully.  Who knows how this is going to turn out.  This could be the greatest decision we have ever made, or it could be a disaster.  Only time will tell.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Life As We Know It. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.